Sunday, April 21, 2013

weekend not so fun

You know it's bad when your 4-year-old prays, "Please help Mommy to finish her paper."...Ugh!  I spent all day yesterday on a group research paper.  Did I already mention how much I detest group work?  My group members are all very nice, smart, and hard-working, but it is not easy getting everyone on the same page for a 25-page paper.  I was doing all the revising, formatting, editing, etc, yesterday, and it took me from 10 am to midnight.  We did take a short break to go to church for an hour for the Scout spaghetti dinner, mostly because I did not feel like making dinner, and also because I knew the kids needed to see someone other than Mommy all day.  Thankfully, it was a beautiful day and the kids mostly played outside, except for Katya who is reading like crazy.  I just went to the thrift store this week and got her about 10 books, so she is busy with those. 

Funny saying of the day:
When Margot was fixing my hair this morning, Katya said, "Be careful Margot.  Mom's hair comes out easier than ours because she's had kids pulling on it for years!"

Pics:  Margot in new dress up clothes from our friends, the Mulberrys.  The other kids "hamming it up" before bed.

Video:  As promised, Jack riding the Big Wheel down our back hill.  His favorite part is crashing.  I'm sure you're surprised!




Oh, and Jack has been looking so handsome in his new Sunday clothes from our friends, the Simonds.  I just had to include this picture.  Doesn't he look so grown up?



No comments:

We:

My photo
Dahlonega, Georgia, United States
Rebekah, Scott, Katya, Jack, Margot, Lucy and Dexter

Up in der Mountains

Up in der Mountains
blood mtn shelter