Remember when you would put your 45 on your record player and change the speed to 33. I had "Elvira" on a record that I used to play all the time. I'm sure my parents were so happy they got me that record! Anyway, it would sound hilarious slowed down to 33...Uh - giiidddyyy - uup - uh -ooooommm - paaa paaa - oooommm - paaa - paaa - moowww - moowww...in a very deep voice. The Oak Ridge Boys already had low voices on regular speed!
Anyway, I think of that almost every night when we are praying...Because Margot reminds me of the Oak Ridge Boys slowed down to 33. She is soooooo sloooow! Every word is stretched out and her prayers are seriously longer than a Baptist minister on a hot day in a little country church with no air conditioning...at revival...!!!! Whew! But they are so sweet, it's hard to be grumpy about them. Tonight she prayed the Hilchie's would come home safe from their trip. At least I think that's what she said. It's really hard to understand sometimes at snail's speed...
Headed to Grandma's tomorrow for General Conference. Woo hoo!
Friday, April 05, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We:
- The Mildenhalls
- Dahlonega, Georgia, United States
- Rebekah, Scott, Katya, Jack, Margot, Lucy and Dexter
Up in der Mountains
blood mtn shelter
Not a Complete Waste of Time
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(43)
-
▼
April
(16)
- Thirteen years later...
- Sunday, oops I mean Rainday...
- Don't look, Mom!
- weekend not so fun
- springtime fun
- Happy Birthday, Courtney!
- This is how we spent our day...
- Beautiful Day
- Thunder always follows Lightning
- Wednesday, April 10
- a few random things
- G.C.
- Remember when...
- thursday apr 4
- Playing Hookie
- He is risen
-
▼
April
(16)
No comments:
Post a Comment