Well, it's obviously been a long time since I wrote anything! Over a year...but I am inspired to try again to get some of my thoughts down and hopefully add some pictures, too. After all, that's why anyone really reads this, right? Today I attended stake relief society conference, which was a great reenergizing boost for me. The highlight for me was Ramona Zabriskie's presentation on Wife For Life. check her out at ramonazabriskie.com. Anyway, I was also inspired to write about what I love about my kids each day.
Today, I came home to my kids all tired out from playing outside all day with the babysitter. Gotta love those 1st days of spring! Margot was asleep on her bedroom floor, wrapped in her towel, too tired to even get dressed after her bath! She was so cute when she woke up, wanting me to watch Backyardigans with her. She also helped me make chocolate chip cookies, one of our favorite family traditions.
Jack seems much more grown up today than usual. He is now taking a second bath because he loves them so much, especially the bubbles! He watched Herbie Fully Loaded and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tonight. He is a special boy and makes me feel so loved when he gives me kisses. He is so cute to always ask if he can have snacks from the kitchen. It really shows his self control when he says, "Mommy, can I please have another cookie? Just one more?" He is giving a talk tomorrow in primary on The Resurrection.
Katya is addicted to Dinosaur Train and loves quizzing me on dinosaur facts. She also is interested in facts about all animals and still wants to be a marine vet. She is so good to always take care of the dogs and never complain. She has such nice friends, I think because she is such a nice person herself. She is turning into such a beautiful young woman! I just wish she didn't get so annoyed by her sister!
I am so grateful for Scott for being such a great dad. I can always count on him to take such good care of the kids, and I realize not every woman has that luxury. He has a great time with them. Also, I am amazed that he goes to work every Friday and Saturday night and makes it to church every Sunday morning! I know I was never that strong when I worked nights! He also thinks I'm still very beautiful even though I constantly have gray hair that needs to be colored and could stand to lose the 25# I've gained in the last 3 years. It is wonderful to have a husband who constantly boosts my self-esteem and always tells me how great I am. I think he is pretty great, too! Can't wait to celebrate his birthday next week in St. Augustine at Beth's beach house!
Saturday, March 09, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We:
- The Mildenhalls
- Dahlonega, Georgia, United States
- Rebekah, Scott, Katya, Jack, Margot, Lucy and Dexter
Up in der Mountains
blood mtn shelter
No comments:
Post a Comment