We spent a beautiful windy afternoon outside at a track meet starring Tyler Hilchie. He ran a 5:55 mile. Even though, I'm sure there are lots of young bucks out there who could beat that, I am astounded that someone could run the mile that quickly - and he came in 4th! I can't even run it in 8 minutes!
The kids were so cute. They loved playing outside the entire time. Scott took them over to watch the pole vaulters and high jumpers. After that, they ran and jumped on the big practice mats for the rest of the time. Scott said they were copying the jumpers and their form was actually really good. I can't wait to start Jack in gymnastics. I think he will love it! Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZEImOtlLwU
For a while, Jack was watching the baseball practice going on behind us. He was acting like the typical fan from the opposite side constantly either jibing at them or acting like a sportscaster. It was hilarious. I guess he's been watching someone play Wii baseball or something, because he was totally following their game. At one point, he told he batter, "You're supposed to HIT the ball!" He would announce every strike, and then at one point, he said, "and that's the game, fellas! oops, I mean, no it's not!" He was cracking us up! He watched them for a very long time in between practicing his tumbling and high jumping!
Katya had a blast playing with her friend, Abbie. They were both practicing their moves as well. Katya looked so grown up with her hair pulled back in a pony tail. She is so beautiful, and I am constantly amazed at how fast she is growing up! She loves to still give me hugs spontaneously, and that makes me so happy. She wanted me to read to her tonight before bed, so we started Charlie and the Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl. She loves to read, and that makes me VERY happy.
Margot is so pretty sometimes when she looks at me. She makes the funniest little faces and is very animated and imaginative. Tonight she wanted to read a book with me, and was trying to get my attention about it by mouthing to me while Scott was trying to read scriptures. She kept mouthing to me even after I responded, over and over. I finally had to stop Scott, because I guess my head nodding wasn't enough to please her. She was so satisfied when I said, "Yes, I'll look at the book with you!" We did that in her bed, and she always has to have a song while I scratch her back. I am singing her the song of the month from primary so she will learn them. So far, it is working. She knows her primary songs very well.
I am loving having Scott home a little more these last few days. He has helped me out so much by going to the farm for our meat, going to the grocery store, taking the trash to the dump, and cooking dinner. It is so nice to enjoy each others' company. He is fun to be around, and I know the kids are really enjoying seeing a little more of him, too.
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We:
- The Mildenhalls
- Dahlonega, Georgia, United States
- Rebekah, Scott, Katya, Jack, Margot, Lucy and Dexter
Up in der Mountains
blood mtn shelter
No comments:
Post a Comment