Sunday, March 10, 2013

Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Today was perfect weather.  After church the kids came home and played outside with the Hilchie's.  We had ward conference today at church.  Our choir sang 3 pieces.  They sounded so great.  I was really proud to be their director.  Scott's mom came up to bail me out since our pianist told be at the last minute that she couldn't make it.  She did a great job, and I am so grateful for her.  Not just for that!  The spirit was so strong at the meeting.  We sang "My Shepherd Will Supply My Need", a beautiful arrangement by Mack Wilberg, which was requested by our bishop.  Pres Wood also spoke.  He is such an inspirational speaker, and always has us on the edge of our seat, and of course makes us cry!  Every time... 

Jack gave a talk in primary today about the Resurrection.  He did a great job, even though he gets so distracted by the microphone!  He is such a good reader.  He was cute tonight telling the girls that he was going to be with them.  (They wanted to watch a movie by themselves:))

Margot said the prayer and scripture for the first time in primary today!  I was so proud of her.  She wasn't scared at all.  Of course, it helps that she loves Sister Hilchie, who was helping her.  Margot loves playing "Wreck it Ralph", which just means acting out the movie.  She always wants me to play it with her.  She is so cute!  She loves pretending.  I think her favorite toys still are the play dishes and food she got last year. 

Katya looked so grown up today in her skirt and shirt.  She looked like a young woman.  She is very sweet with her friends.  I love being in primary with all of them.  I was able to give Katya a big hug and talk for a minute before primary started.  I'm so happy she still loves giving me hugs in public.

We enjoyed having the Hilchie's over for dinner and conversation tonight.  Man, I love Sundays!

No comments:

We:

My photo
Dahlonega, Georgia, United States
Rebekah, Scott, Katya, Jack, Margot, Lucy and Dexter

Up in der Mountains

Up in der Mountains
blood mtn shelter