Sunday, March 24, 2013

We've been egged!

Tonight while I was finishing Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator with the kids, Dexter started barking.  I went to go check it out and noticed a car driving down the driveway.  When I opened the front door, this is what I found attached to the door...
and 12 eggs scattered all over the front porch (it was raining)!  The kids thought it was great, and it was a great reiteration of what we talked about at church today.  What a cute idea!  I'm so thankful for the Easter Bunny!!

We met a new couple tonight at the Hilchie's - Matt and Elizabeth.  They are here for a few weeks fixing trails for the forest service.  Pretty cool job, and pretty cool couple as well.  We had a great time visiting with them.  Katya even said on the way home, oh mom, I thought they had moved here!  They are just so fun!  Just like Laurie and Nick!

 Our kids are officially on a media fast.  They have gone and entire day with no media!  Yea!!!  It was awesome.  The only complaining I heard was from Jack during sacrament meeting because so many around us had their i phones or i pads out and he wanted to look at them too.  And Katya did say, I don't think I can go a whole month with no TV!  HA HA HA HA!  We are so pathetic these days!  It has just become such a crutch and used waaaaayyyy too much in our house, that I had to shut it down.  Surprise, surprise, no one was bored today, and they played so well together all day.  They played with figurines, had a picnic in the living room, colored, made a fort, swung from a rope swing, and played with the dog outside.  They also read books for over an hour, played dress up and had conversations with grown ups!  Amazing!!!  We might just try this FOREVER:)

No comments:

We:

My photo
Dahlonega, Georgia, United States
Rebekah, Scott, Katya, Jack, Margot, Lucy and Dexter

Up in der Mountains

Up in der Mountains
blood mtn shelter