Friday, March 15, 2013
reflective
I was a little depressed today as I drove to school. As I listened to NPR, I heard stories about child pornography around the US border with Mexico and sexual abuse against children in South Africa. Heart-rending stories that I have been contemplating a lot lately. Crimes against women and children have been on my heart his year for some reason, and I feel very deeply that I must be involved in doing something about it. Not sure what yet, but I'm sure Our Heavenly Father will reveal it to me.
On a happier note, the kids enjoyed a beautiful day outside today, playing an hour together after lunch, and then another 3 hours together after school. I am so happy that they live in a safe, beautiful place where they can play outside and that they enjoy being with each other. It also warms my heart so much that they are so excited when I get home after being gone only a few hours. Scott helped Jack with school after lunch today, and he commented that he realized how excited Jack was that he got to do school with Daddy, and that made it totally worthwhile. You have to understand that teaching Jack is a constant trial on your patience, over and over, minute after minute, because of his distractibility and difficulty with comprehension.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We:
- The Mildenhalls
- Dahlonega, Georgia, United States
- Rebekah, Scott, Katya, Jack, Margot, Lucy and Dexter
Up in der Mountains
blood mtn shelter




No comments:
Post a Comment